On the following websites, you will find various information about the genetic diversity of aquatic genetic resources in Germany.
The National Inventory of Aquatic Genetic Resources in Germany (AGRDEU) is managed by the Information and Coordination Centre for Biological Diversity (IBV) of the Federal Agency for Agriculture and Food (BLE).
AGRDEU fulfils the following tasks:
- As a reference database, AGRDEU maps the status of aquatic genetic resources in Germany,
- AGRDEU provides standardised genetic information on the genetic diversity of aquatic genetic resources,
- Apart from surveys and projects of the BLE, AGRDEU also considers external reports that provide information on the genetic diversity of aquatic genetic resources used in Germany,
- AGRDEU can be used for national and international information exchange ,
- AGRDEU serves to implement the National Programme for the Conservation and Sustainable Use of Aquatic Genetic Resources,
- AGRDEU is used for policy advice, e.g. on questions concerning research funding for aquaculture or wild stocks,
- AGRDEU can be used for fisheries management issues, such as questions on appropriate fish stocking or breed development,
- AGRDEU provides information on existing tissue samples of aquatic genetic resources that can be used for scientific purposes.